Skip to main content

Breaking the 2014 Ice

Hope, Regina, Julie

Lynn, Regina, Julie

Alice, Hope, Lynn, Regina and Julie
I was challenged to write by these lovely ladies...then I get here and I realize I did not even write a happy new year post! Shame!

Happy New Year 2014 friends. I hope it is rolling along as well for you as it is for me.

I had a fantastic time this Saturday with my friends of old, Alice, Hope, Regina and Julie. If there is any advice I would give to twenty-somethings, it is that they should  choose their friends right early and stick with them. Life is too challenging to be lived friendless.



I am engaged to be married. A hope I had shelved. Considering posts on here such as this one :-) I was quite surprised when the question was popped. I am still amazed that he got the finger size and the blue stone right- just as I had imagined it in my dreams... smh :-) 

I am as excited as I am apprehensive; praying daily that nuptial plans will go well, that I will not lose/ strain any relationships on the road to the aisle, that I will lose enough weight to look presentable on the big day, that finances will become available to lessen fretting...that in all things, God will be glorified for it is in Him I live and move and have my being.




I am currently reading this book that some may think is 'getting ahead of myself' but I find that the advice in there is so relevant to my relationship with Mr. G that I am thankful I landed on it when I did. I could only have been led to it by the Helper of my soul. Take this passage, for example;

"Napoleon Bonaparte's astounding military success found a rival only in his raging ego. In one letter he chastised his wife, "I insist you have more strength. I am told you are always crying. for shame, that is very bad!...Be worthy of me and develop a stronger character. Make a proper show in Paris...If you are always weeping I shall think you have no courage or character. I do not like cowards. An empress should have a heart."
"While Napoleon's condescension both nauseates and offends us, i think he stumbles on an interesting turn of phrase: "Be worthy of me". This should be the goal of every husband and wife- a man aspiring to be worthy of his wife and a wife aspiring to be worthy of her husband...This is a clarion call for us to seriously develop deep spiritual roots, to keep cultivating relational skills. we need to search the Scriptures, grow in wisdom, keep praying, and keep developing spiritual insight. with Christ in us and the Holy Spirit transforming us, we really have no excuse for continuing immaturity."

Don't you just love that firmness and precision?! I have always thought a book should not just be well written and thus is enjoyable to read, but it should provoke some sort of positive change in my life. This one definitely fits that bill.

I will go back to my work now. I am pledging in my heart not to take too long before I write again.

Adieu!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mother to Son...beautiful piece

A LETTER TO MY TWO YEAR OLD September 2, 2011 at 9:12 am by Pumla Nabachwa Every year, during the week of my children’s birthdays, i shall write them a letter and keep them in separate boxes and present them with these boxes the day they graduate. (& graduate they will) Today, I write a 2nd letter to my first born son…..now Trey Gateja……My pride…….My joy! My sunshine, It’s been 730 days & we’re both still alive………let alone sane. I’m not sure how I haven’t strangled you to death yet or left you out at night hoping that a hawk will grab you & take you far away from me. I’m quite perplexed that am not in a mental hospital, let alone 6 feet under. The doctors promised me that the pain stops immediately after the baby is delivered but nooooooooo…….we’re here today & I’m still pulling my hair out. Somebody once said; “it takes about six weeks to get back to normal after you’ve had a baby”…… that somebody doesn’t know that once you’re a mother, ‘normal’ is his

The Third Day- September...The Big 3-0!!!

So, today, I begin a new decade of my life. I am thirty (30) years old! W.O.W! These past couple of days, I have been meditating on Womanhood. Walking with God and Worthiness. I want to be part of something great this next decade. I desire a fresh start in many areas of my life. I regrettably spent the greater part of my twenties trying to be a man; to be tough, rough and seemingly brave. I numbed feelings, suppressed emotions and smiled little in bid to avoid fighting like a girl because girls are weak, they are shallow and they gossip. My best friends were boys until my femininity came to the fore as a  natural course of life and giving boys 'uncensored' hugs started 'causing problems'. All my ambition, my pushing and shoving to get ahead could not erase my innermost (very feminine) desires to be loved, to be treated kindly, to be listened to, sought after, and protected. I was with the boys but not of the boys. Revelation No. 1: I am a Woman and that's ok

Dad

Dear Dad, Today, nine years ago, you changed your major  area code leaving many people pretty upset including uncle Kizza Besigye who I know would have appreciated your level of loyalty  considering memories of my S.4 vacation driving around Kampala with you as you manually tallied the Reform Agenda's votes at different polling stations:) Just so you know, Uncle K.B. is hassling; what with pepper spray, kicks, blows, gun butt beatings, being shoved under the car seats of police men (who we are all quite convinced are paramilitary- but that's a story for another day), insults, threats to his life...etc...you would have frothed at the mouth seeing how bad things have become for political opponents of the 'Great 1986 Revolutionary'.  Am sorry for putting such a lousy pic of you on the www but you hated pics so it's kinda your fault :) I cut my hair and decided I would like to keep it that way for the rest of my life...in fact, I am contemplating going complete