Skip to main content

MeN's rULeS :)

I wrote here almost a year ago about what women want from their male partner. That post generated some really interesting debates online and offline.

Today, I was sent the following rules by the Bosom Buddy. I find that I agree with all of them.

Some of them are harsh and literally bitter pills to swallow; but I agree with them and my posting them here is so, perhaps, the women folk who read them can gain knowledge, for knowledge is power and the heart of the discerning acquires knowledge; the ears of the wise seek it out, Proverbs 18:15 says :)...



We always hear ‘the rules’ from the female side

Now here are the rules from the male side. 

Please note. These are all numbered #1 on purpose!

1.       Men are not mind readers.
1.       Learn to work the toilet seat. You’re a big girl. If it’s up, put it down. We need it up, you need it down. You don’t hear us complaining about you leaving it down.
1.       Crying is blackmail.
1.       Ask for what you want. Let us be clear on this one: Subtle hints do not work! Strong hints do not work! Obvious hints do not work! JUST SAY THIS!
1.       Yes and No are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question
1.       Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it. That’s what we do. Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.
1.       Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an argument. In fact, all comments become null and void after 7 days.
1.       If you think you are fat, you probably are. Don’t ask us.
1.       If something we said can be interpreted two ways and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, we meant the other one.
1.       You can either ask us to do something or tell us how you want it done. Not both. If you already know best how to do it, JUST DO IT YOURSELF.
1.       Whenever possible, please say whatever you have to say during commercials.
1.       Christopher Columbus did not need directions and neither do we.
1.       All men see in only 16 colours, like windows default settings. Peach, for example, is a fruit, not a colour. Pumpkin is also a fruit. We have no idea what mauve is.
1.       If we ask what is wrong and you say ‘nothing’, we will act like nothing’s wrong. We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the hassle.
1.       If you ask a question you don’t want an answer to, expect an answer you don’t want to hear.
1.       When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is fine…really.
1.       Don’t ask us what we are thinking about unless you are prepared to discuss such topics as football or motor sports.
1.       You have enough clothes.
1.       You have too many shoes.
1.       I am in shape. Round is a shape.
1.       Thank you for reading this. Yes, I know, I have to sleep on the couch tonight, but did you know men really don’t mind that? It’s like camping…

Don't you just love these??!! :) I hope this post gets as popular as the one from the female side got. Do get the comments/ debate going.

Comments

  1. I had come across these rules earlier and shared it on FB, let me put some of the comments that i got here
    I guess ur single( =without a/galfriend/wife/mistress/...) ryt?

    I have a huge feeling that is true ...or they just ditched him after this note was published!!!

    this all comes from a really Mmmmean guy.!!

    Its safe to say that some of them were no too thrilled about some of the rules. I for one have a problem with chic who disregard the very first rule.
    I agree that there are some things that we should now but seriously, wanting us to guess a lot of things!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mother to Son...beautiful piece

A LETTER TO MY TWO YEAR OLD September 2, 2011 at 9:12 am by Pumla Nabachwa Every year, during the week of my children’s birthdays, i shall write them a letter and keep them in separate boxes and present them with these boxes the day they graduate. (& graduate they will) Today, I write a 2nd letter to my first born son…..now Trey Gateja……My pride…….My joy! My sunshine, It’s been 730 days & we’re both still alive………let alone sane. I’m not sure how I haven’t strangled you to death yet or left you out at night hoping that a hawk will grab you & take you far away from me. I’m quite perplexed that am not in a mental hospital, let alone 6 feet under. The doctors promised me that the pain stops immediately after the baby is delivered but nooooooooo…….we’re here today & I’m still pulling my hair out. Somebody once said; “it takes about six weeks to get back to normal after you’ve had a baby”…… that somebody doesn’t know that once you’re a mother, ‘normal’ is his

The Third Day- September...The Big 3-0!!!

So, today, I begin a new decade of my life. I am thirty (30) years old! W.O.W! These past couple of days, I have been meditating on Womanhood. Walking with God and Worthiness. I want to be part of something great this next decade. I desire a fresh start in many areas of my life. I regrettably spent the greater part of my twenties trying to be a man; to be tough, rough and seemingly brave. I numbed feelings, suppressed emotions and smiled little in bid to avoid fighting like a girl because girls are weak, they are shallow and they gossip. My best friends were boys until my femininity came to the fore as a  natural course of life and giving boys 'uncensored' hugs started 'causing problems'. All my ambition, my pushing and shoving to get ahead could not erase my innermost (very feminine) desires to be loved, to be treated kindly, to be listened to, sought after, and protected. I was with the boys but not of the boys. Revelation No. 1: I am a Woman and that's ok

Dad

Dear Dad, Today, nine years ago, you changed your major  area code leaving many people pretty upset including uncle Kizza Besigye who I know would have appreciated your level of loyalty  considering memories of my S.4 vacation driving around Kampala with you as you manually tallied the Reform Agenda's votes at different polling stations:) Just so you know, Uncle K.B. is hassling; what with pepper spray, kicks, blows, gun butt beatings, being shoved under the car seats of police men (who we are all quite convinced are paramilitary- but that's a story for another day), insults, threats to his life...etc...you would have frothed at the mouth seeing how bad things have become for political opponents of the 'Great 1986 Revolutionary'.  Am sorry for putting such a lousy pic of you on the www but you hated pics so it's kinda your fault :) I cut my hair and decided I would like to keep it that way for the rest of my life...in fact, I am contemplating going complete