Skip to main content

The Third Day- September...The Big 3-0!!!

So, today, I begin a new decade of my life. I am thirty (30) years old! W.O.W!

These past couple of days, I have been meditating on Womanhood. Walking with God and Worthiness. I want to be part of something great this next decade. I desire a fresh start in many areas of my life.

I regrettably spent the greater part of my twenties trying to be a man; to be tough, rough and seemingly brave. I numbed feelings, suppressed emotions and smiled little in bid to avoid fighting like a girl because girls are weak, they are shallow and they gossip. My best friends were boys until my femininity came to the fore as a  natural course of life and giving boys 'uncensored' hugs started 'causing problems'. All my ambition, my pushing and shoving to get ahead could not erase my innermost (very feminine) desires to be loved, to be treated kindly, to be listened to, sought after, and protected. I was with the boys but not of the boys.
Revelation No. 1: I am a Woman and that's okay! In fact, it's great and when I embrace my womanhood, it will come to pass in my life that the way of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, which shines ever brighter until the full light of day (Prov. 4:18). Better days are ahead!

I encountered Jesus at the tender age of fourteen. After that, I knew no other way to live except as shepherded by He that declared to be the Way, the Truth and the Life. Half way through my twenties, I decided that this life was too boring, too bland...mundane. Also, I was angry with God and some of 'His people'. So, I wandered away from the Shepherd, in search of greener pasture. He tried to beseech me to stay, reminding me that grass o'er there was more difficult to cut because He would not be there to help me cut but I would hear none of it.
Revelation No. 2: Walking with God is a privilege. It is a gift that He presents to all of us, if we will receive it. It is the gift that really does keep on giving. I am lost without Him. I can declare with the Psalmist; Acknowledge that the Lord is God! He made us and we are His. We are His people, the sheep of His pasture (Psalm 100:3)

In all this; Revelation No. 3: I am Worthy of love, of encouragement, of every blessing in the heavenly places. Not of myself but because of Him who made the choice to lay down His life that I may be ransomed, that I may be redeemed, that I may sit in the seat of Worthiness. For it is by grace, you have been saved through faith- and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God, not by works, so that no one can boast (Ephesians 2:8-9)


I am in the US of A as I write this. I came to join my sister Laura in celebrating the successful end of her Masters programme but also to celebrate the dawn of a new era for me.

This last year, in no particular order;

I started a new challenging but often fulfilling job.

I began an exhilarating journey of romance; the sacred kind and the 'ordinary' kind :)

I found a church that I can call home for the first time in many years.

I said a happy farewell to my housemate of four years as she got married :)

I became an aunt of a yummy baby boy.

I put on five kilos that I have failed to lose :(

I acquired a better camera :)

My forever friend got married :)

I finally learnt how to drive.

Later today I will learn how to fly a small plane.

I reckon I forget, just now, a number of other significant events/ things that have happened in the last year. My heart is filled with gratitude, though, to God, friends and family for every memory made; for joy and sorrow. In everything, blessed be the Name of the Lord.




























Were I to begin to describe what was going on in each picture, it would take far too long. Suffice to say, we are having the time of our lives here in the land of the free, the home of the brave and Jesus is Lord! :)

Comments

  1. What a great way to spend time with family for an Event cum Holiday? Superb. I love every moment that has been captured.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is a beautiful piece Lynn. May you achieve all that you dream of in this decade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Babe! Enjoy yourself. I'll join you soon...the big 3-0

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday love...Christ begun his ministry at 30...so his timing for you couldnt be more perfect....

    ReplyDelete
  5. THANKS FOR THIS!! Really encouraging. Learning from some of the things u upload on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pliz kip your blog alive. It is pretty amazing. Enjoy your "exhilarating journey......." ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The other thing i wanted to say is...............MWEBARE KUKUNDANA IMWE NK'EKA!!
    Ope u can read that language!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mother to Son...beautiful piece

A LETTER TO MY TWO YEAR OLD September 2, 2011 at 9:12 am by Pumla Nabachwa Every year, during the week of my children’s birthdays, i shall write them a letter and keep them in separate boxes and present them with these boxes the day they graduate. (& graduate they will) Today, I write a 2nd letter to my first born son…..now Trey Gateja……My pride…….My joy! My sunshine, It’s been 730 days & we’re both still alive………let alone sane. I’m not sure how I haven’t strangled you to death yet or left you out at night hoping that a hawk will grab you & take you far away from me. I’m quite perplexed that am not in a mental hospital, let alone 6 feet under. The doctors promised me that the pain stops immediately after the baby is delivered but nooooooooo…….we’re here today & I’m still pulling my hair out. Somebody once said; “it takes about six weeks to get back to normal after you’ve had a baby”…… that somebody doesn’t know that once you’re a mother, ‘normal’ is his

Dad

Dear Dad, Today, nine years ago, you changed your major  area code leaving many people pretty upset including uncle Kizza Besigye who I know would have appreciated your level of loyalty  considering memories of my S.4 vacation driving around Kampala with you as you manually tallied the Reform Agenda's votes at different polling stations:) Just so you know, Uncle K.B. is hassling; what with pepper spray, kicks, blows, gun butt beatings, being shoved under the car seats of police men (who we are all quite convinced are paramilitary- but that's a story for another day), insults, threats to his life...etc...you would have frothed at the mouth seeing how bad things have become for political opponents of the 'Great 1986 Revolutionary'.  Am sorry for putting such a lousy pic of you on the www but you hated pics so it's kinda your fault :) I cut my hair and decided I would like to keep it that way for the rest of my life...in fact, I am contemplating going complete