Skip to main content

A Sheer Gift!



Consider it a sheer gift, friends, when tests and challenges come at you from all sides. You know that under pressure, your faith-life is forced into the open and shows its true colours. So, don't try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do its work so you become mature and well-developed, not deficient in any way. (James 1:2-4) The Message

In 'Christian circles' there is a term; revelation. It refers to what is in secular circles known as 'an Aha moment'.

Last night, I received revelation concerning my wedding preparations and the meshing process that my Bosom Buddy and I are going through.
The key message from the Holy Spirit to mine? Don't try to get out of this season prematurely! whether it is by taking a bank loan, giving in to the urge to use a roll in the hay to relieve relational pressure or it is by sulking & refusing to tackle conflict/ disagreements head on.

Between the two of us, we are more in debt than we are monied. Also, in the past, I have chosen to bury my head in the sand instead of confronting relational conflict because all confrontation seemed to do for me was make me feel vulnerable & exposed. As I prepare for the ever after, though, I am learning that more often than not, it's better out than in :-). I won't even start on the gritting of teeth involved when it comes to keeping our commitment to each other not to roll in the hay till our wedding night!

So, last night, I made a decision; to deliberately consider the tests and challenges that are being and will be thrown at me in the next few months leading up to the nuptials, A SHEER GIFT...because I know that it is through them that God is doing a work in me to ensure that I am mature and well-developed enough to take on the responsibility that marriage and in time, parenting, promises to be. Everything will work out fine. God will be glorified. Surely, this is the kind of situation/ circumstance faith was made for.

A sheer gift!

Comments

  1. my prayers are with you...keep looking up, He never fails..Also learn the lessons and grow together..all will be well

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mother to Son...beautiful piece

A LETTER TO MY TWO YEAR OLD September 2, 2011 at 9:12 am by Pumla Nabachwa Every year, during the week of my children’s birthdays, i shall write them a letter and keep them in separate boxes and present them with these boxes the day they graduate. (& graduate they will) Today, I write a 2nd letter to my first born son…..now Trey Gateja……My pride…….My joy! My sunshine, It’s been 730 days & we’re both still alive………let alone sane. I’m not sure how I haven’t strangled you to death yet or left you out at night hoping that a hawk will grab you & take you far away from me. I’m quite perplexed that am not in a mental hospital, let alone 6 feet under. The doctors promised me that the pain stops immediately after the baby is delivered but nooooooooo…….we’re here today & I’m still pulling my hair out. Somebody once said; “it takes about six weeks to get back to normal after you’ve had a baby”…… that somebody doesn’t know that once you’re a mother, ‘normal’ is his

The Third Day- September...The Big 3-0!!!

So, today, I begin a new decade of my life. I am thirty (30) years old! W.O.W! These past couple of days, I have been meditating on Womanhood. Walking with God and Worthiness. I want to be part of something great this next decade. I desire a fresh start in many areas of my life. I regrettably spent the greater part of my twenties trying to be a man; to be tough, rough and seemingly brave. I numbed feelings, suppressed emotions and smiled little in bid to avoid fighting like a girl because girls are weak, they are shallow and they gossip. My best friends were boys until my femininity came to the fore as a  natural course of life and giving boys 'uncensored' hugs started 'causing problems'. All my ambition, my pushing and shoving to get ahead could not erase my innermost (very feminine) desires to be loved, to be treated kindly, to be listened to, sought after, and protected. I was with the boys but not of the boys. Revelation No. 1: I am a Woman and that's ok

Dad

Dear Dad, Today, nine years ago, you changed your major  area code leaving many people pretty upset including uncle Kizza Besigye who I know would have appreciated your level of loyalty  considering memories of my S.4 vacation driving around Kampala with you as you manually tallied the Reform Agenda's votes at different polling stations:) Just so you know, Uncle K.B. is hassling; what with pepper spray, kicks, blows, gun butt beatings, being shoved under the car seats of police men (who we are all quite convinced are paramilitary- but that's a story for another day), insults, threats to his life...etc...you would have frothed at the mouth seeing how bad things have become for political opponents of the 'Great 1986 Revolutionary'.  Am sorry for putting such a lousy pic of you on the www but you hated pics so it's kinda your fault :) I cut my hair and decided I would like to keep it that way for the rest of my life...in fact, I am contemplating going complete